Jane Whitely is a Project Manager specializing in Process Improvement, Data Management and Business Intelligence. She has over 30 years of experience in Information Management, Database Management, Software Systems, and Process and Program Management. Jane has a PMP Certification, Six Sigma Blackbelt, B.S. in Computer Studies from the UMUC, and M.S in Information Management from Nova Southeastern.
Achieving Capability in Regulated and Government Environments
Straightforward parametric (size) estimation
SNC is a hardware and software engineering company that designs and integrates surveillance electronics on aircraft.
This presentation describes the implementation and lessons learned from implementing and refining a parametric system to estimate software and hardware project work. The session will cover:
1. Motivation on focusing on parametrics
2. The basic set of parameters counted and tracked
3. Example project data
4. How it is used for effort and schedule estimation and relation to CMMI practices
5. How it is collected and used for historical reference
6. Counting issues and counting consistently