Jim Congdon, PMP, CSM, CSPO, is a former USAF F-15E Instructor/Evaluator Weapon Systems Officer, where he taught a wide range of material, including mission planning and tactics. Jim has trained Logos Technologies on Agile principles, software development best practices, export regulations, and CMMI implementation.
Integrating Models, Standards, and Methodologies I
Combining Kanban, CMMI Level 3, Agile, and Workflow Tools
This presentation describes the implementation and lessons learned from adopting CMMI Maturity Level 3, Kanban, Agile and workflow tools. The session covers:
- How CMMI, checklists, JIRA, Agile, Kanban and tools fit together
- Dashboards with business intelligence
- Project Management checks to spin up new PM's and Product Owners
- Mistake-proofing using JIRA transition criteria
- Process tool integration with source control and builds
- Using Wiki's for processes and JIRA for work flow
- Streamlining the corporate process burden
- Subcontractors need processes too!
- Limiting the number of meetings for process
- How to handle process complainers
- Making support tasks visible