CMMI High Maturity
High maturity organizations have both lower risk and increased quality - the higher an organization’s maturity, the better its performance.
By achieving a CMMI Maturity Level 4 or 5, an organization demonstrates a deeper commitment to continuous capability improvement using statistical and other quantitative methods. They are continuously evolving, adapting, and growing to meet the needs of stakeholders and customers.
A high maturity level organization is still on the path to continuous improvement, but their maturity gives them the agility to pivot and respond to opportunities, changes, and challenges.
READY TO GET STARTED?
- Kick-start your journey to building and improving organizational capability with the CMMI Virtual Advisor.
Explore the connection between CMMI High Maturity and Agile/SCRUM.
High Maturity Case Studies
High Maturity Webinars
High Maturity Resources
- Seeing The Business Value In High Maturity
- High Maturity: Slow and Steady Wins the Race
- Agile-Enabled High Maturity
- High Performance Estimates: A High Maturity Case Study
- Integrating Scrum and CMMI High Maturity Practices for Rapid High-Value Performance
- CGI Federal CMMI High Maturity Implementation
- Escalating Agile Practices In A High Maturity Software Factory