The COBIT 5/DMM Practices Pathway Tool assists in designing and/or improving an enterprise’s data management structures and practices by identifying connections between COBIT 5 and DMM so that practitioners gain mutually complementary sources of guidance.
This tool improves the understanding of common practices and touchpoints that logically exist between an enterprise’s data and IT governance, which often share stakeholders. Since organizations by and large have not developed robust enterprise programs for data-as-an-asset, this tool enhances capability development in the context of IT governance.
Who should use the tool?
- Data Management and IT Governance Professionals - use this tool to identify where IT and data management processes intersect and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of how they work together.
- DMM Users - if you are using DMM, this tool will help you apply COBIT 5 to identify the IT governance and management best practices that align with the governance and management of data
- COBIT 5 Users - if you are using COBIT 5, this tool will show you:
- IT governance practices that the DMM has identified as the most impactful to data
- Gaps in your IT governance and management processes that could be employed to build and improve performance capability