A Data Management Maturity Model Case Study
Ally Financial Inc., previously known as GMAC Inc., is a bank holding company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan. Ally has more than 15 million customers worldwide, serving over 16,000 auto dealers in the US. In 2009 Ally Bank was launched – at present it has over 784,000 customers, a satisfaction score of over 90%, and has been named the “Best Online Bank” by Money magazine for the last four years.
Ally was an early adopter of the DMM, conducting a broad-based evaluation of its data management practices, and creating a strategy and sequence plan for improvements based on the results. Ally’s implementation of an integrated, organization-wide data management program including data governance, a robust data quality program, and managed data standards, resulted in a “Satisfactory” rating on its latest regulatory audit.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How Ally employed the DMM to evaluate its data management practices
- Who was involved / lessons learned
- How Ally prioritized and sequenced data management improvement initiatives
- How the data management program has been enhanced and expanded
- Business impacts and benefits realized
- Major initiatives completed and underway
- How Ally is leveraging DMM 1.0 to proactively prepare for BCBS 239 compliance.