Advancing Organizational Capability: Achieving High Maturity
High Maturity organizations use statistical methods and quantitative data to understand risk and predict outcomes based on past performance. As a result of high maturity practices, these organizations consistently perform beyond their competitors.
If your organization plans to be a high-performance organization that consistently uses quantitative data to manage processes, quantitatively understand risk and variation, this course is a must.
*Registration for this course closes 21 days before the start date
We'll come to you! To schedule on-site training at your organization, email email@example.com
This four day course describes the characteristics of high maturity and provides detailed explanations of the concepts and practices at maturity levels 4-5, including examples of how statistical methods and tools can be applied to assist in the proper implementation of these practices, managing, and improving processes. Process-performance baselines, process-performance models, control charts and other techniques are explained and their use is demonstrated through examples and exercises.
This course enables participants to:
- effectively and efficiently address the business objectives
- interpret level 4 and 5 practices with greater understanding and consistency
- understand and apply high maturity concepts, especially process performance baselines and models
- understand how CMMI, TSP, and Six Sigma relate and can work together
This course briefly covers both Six Sigma and TSP concepts that can help organizations to effectively perform, manage, and improve processes. The course is composed of lectures and exercises with ample opportunity for student questions and discussion. After attending the course, you will understand the concepts and issues related to CMMI levels 4 and 5 from theoretical, empirical, and practical perspectives.
This course is a pre-requisite for the CMMI SCAMPI High Maturity Lead Appraiser certification. This course will not provide criteria for evaluating specific practice implementations.
Before registering for the Advancing Organizational Capabilities: Achieving High Maturity course, participants must
- complete a formal offering of the Introduction to CMMI course (Development or Services)
- if the Introduction to CMMI course that you attended was based on CMMI Version 1.1 or 1.2, you must successfully complete the Fundamentals of CMMI elearning course
Candidates will register online through the CMMI Institute Online Training Center. You will need to create an account in order to register.
See the course calendar for the next scheduled Advancing Organizational Capabilities: Achieving High Maturity course.