Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI®
Make yourself an invaluable resource in your organization by taking the Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI® course!
This course will give you practical skills to provide guidance to your organization’s improvement efforts across business disciplines and CMMI models.
Learn how to impact immediate organizational process and performance improvement in this four-day implementation course. Throughout the course, you will receive expert instruction while working collaboratively to explore how the CMMI for Development, CMMI for Services, and CMMI for Acquisition models are used to solve real-world problems.
Applying CMMI is composed of pre-class assignments, class lectures, student presentations, and class exercises, all presented in an engaging student-centered format. The cost of the course includes one opportunity, for those meeting the minimum experience requirement, to take the Certified CMMI Professional exam. Passing the exam allows students to use the title Certified CMMI Professional and be listed in the CMMI Professional Directory. The exam also serves as a qualifying step for students pursuing expert-level CMMI training and certifications.
Who Should Apply
- Aspiring SCAMPI Lead Appraisers, CMMI Instructors, and CMMI Professionals
- CMMI practitioners, managers, systems and software engineers, quality assurance specialists, engineering process group members, and anyone interested in elevating organizational performance
By the end of the course, students will:
- Understand relationships among model components, including both staged and continuous model representations
- Understand how to interpret and apply CMMI effectively in order to improve processes and performance in their own organizations
- Successful completion of this course requires full participation in all in-class activities and as passing scores on pre-course and homework assignments
Professional Exam Option
- As of September 2016, the price point for this course includes the Professional Exam. Taking the exam is not required but, upon successful course completion, students are emailed steps to follow should they want to schedule the online proctored exam
- Successful completion of the Professional Exam satisfies the prerequisite exam requirement for admittance to the CMMI Instructor Training and SCAMPI Lead Appraiser Training programs. The Professional Exam is the final qualification step required for any student wanting to become a Certified CMMI Professional
- Registration for this course closes 21 days before the start date
- Completion of an application and/or a pre-course assignment is required to enroll in this course (see "Prerequisites" tab). Applications must be received 1 month before the start of the course
We'll come to you! To schedule on-site training at your organization, email email@example.com
Before registering for the Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI course, participants must:
- complete a formal offering of the current Introduction to CMMI course (Development or Services) or the Fundamentals of CMMI elearning course.
- if the Introduction to CMMI course that you attended was based on CMMI Version 1.1 or 1.2, you must successfully complete the Fundamentals of CMMI elearning course
- obtain experience with using CMMI models (e.g., serving on an Engineering Process Group, mapping CMMI to the organization's processes, serving as a member of an appraisal team, etc.)
- be able to read, write, and speak understandable English. You will not pass this course if you cannot demonstrate this requirement. If you are a non-native English speaker, we strongly recommend that you provide your TOEFL score as demonstration of this prerequisite. Throughout the course, you will be required to present and discuss technical concepts in English.
Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI includes some pre-class assignments. The instructor will send all the information and materials needed for the assignments in advance of the course.
See our events calendar for the next scheduled Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI® course.