Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI®
Make yourself an invaluable resource in your organization by taking the Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI® course!
This course will give you practical skills to provide guidance to your organization’s improvement efforts across business disciplines and CMMI models.
*Registration for this course closes 21 days before the start date
*An application and/or a pre-course assignment is required for this course (see "Prerequisites" tab). Applications must be received 1 month before the start of the course
We'll come to you! To schedule on-site training at your organization, email firstname.lastname@example.org
This four-day course helps CMMI practitioners, managers, systems and software engineers, quality assurance specialists, engineering process group members, candidate SCAMPI Lead Appraisers, candidate CMMI Instructors, and others to explore the relationships among CMMI model components and understand how to apply CMMI concepts to impact immediate process and performance improvement in their organization. This course was formerly titled Intermediate Concepts of CMMI.
This course enables participants to:
- understand relationships among model components, including both staged and continuous model representations
- understand how to interpret and apply CMMI effectively
- share, learn, and exchange ideas with other students
The course is composed of pre-class assignments, class lectures, student presentations, and class exercises all presented in a learner-centered style. The materials review the interrelationships among CMMI model components, interpret CMMI practices, and apply the CMMI models to improve performance and processes in organizations.
Successful completion of this course requires the student to attain a passing score on student participation, presentation skills, and communication skills from his or her pre-course assignment and in-class activities.
The course will concentrate on CMMI for Development, however, it will also review core components of the CMMI for Services and CMMI for Acquisition constellations.
Before registering for the Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI course, participants must:
- complete a formal offering of the current Introduction to CMMI course (Development or Services) or the Fundamentals of CMMI elearning course.
- if the Introduction to CMMI course that you attended was based on CMMI Version 1.1 or 1.2, you must successfully complete the Fundamentals of CMMI elearning course
- obtain experience with using CMMI models (e.g., serving on an Engineering Process Group, mapping CMMI to the organization's processes, serving as a member of an appraisal team, etc.)
- be able to read, write, and speak understandable English. You will not pass this course if you cannot demonstrate this requirement. If you are a non-native English speaker, we strongly recommend that you provide your TOEFL score as demonstration of this prerequisite. Throughout the course, you will be required to present and discuss technical concepts in English.
Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI includes some pre-class assignments. The instructor will send all the information and materials needed for the assignments in advance of the course.
See our events calendar for the next scheduled Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI® course.