Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying People CMM®
Is your organization able to attract, train, deploy, and retain the people you need to develop and deliver in today’s competitive market? Take the lead in your organization with the skills you will learn in the Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying People CMM® course.
*Registration for this course closes 21 days before the start date
*An application and/or a pre-course assignment is required for this course (see "Prerequisites" tab). Applications must be received 1 month before the start of the course
We'll come to you! To schedule on-site training at your organization, email firstname.lastname@example.org
This five-day course allows attendees to explore detailed People CMM concepts, including the relationships among People CMM model components. The People CMM is a framework that organizations can use to help improve their ability to ensure that their staff members have the competencies to achieve an organization's current and future business objectives.
This course enables participants to:
- understand relationships among model components
- understand how to effectively interpret and apply the People CMM
- establish links from real-life experiences to the People CMM
- share, learn, and exchange ideas with other course participants
The course is composed of mandatory pre-class assignments, class lectures, class exercises and an exam, and is presented in a facilitative style designed to create dialog among participants and instructors. This style of interaction is designed to help prepare participants to determine the adequacy of their organization's implementation of the People CMM process areas. After attending, participants will have a deep understanding of the People CMM. Those successfully completing the course will be able to use the People CMM to develop an effective process improvement program for their workforce practices. Further, they will be able to interpret their experiences using other process improvement models to apply to People CMM process improvement.
Successful completion of this course requires the student to attain a passing score of 80% or better on a written, closed book examination that covers People CMM model knowledge and the concepts taught in this course. Instructors will evaluate and document each student's participation and presentation/communication skills through their pre-course assignment and in-class activities. This information will be retained by the CMMI Institute as an aid to further training that the student may undertake. The instructors will debrief each student by discussing this evaluation at the completion of the class if requested by the student.
Before registering for this course, participants must:
- complete the Introduction to the People CMM Course
- complete a minimum of ninety days of self study following the completion of the Introduction to the People CMM course
- have experience using the model (e.g., serving on a human capital team, human resources or management team, or people process group; mapping People CMM to an organization's processes; or serving as a member of an appraisal team)
- carefully study the full content of the People CMM model
- complete and submit assigned exercises before attending the course; the assignment will require 4-6 hours of work, and instructions will be supplied
- be able to read, write, and speak understandable English. You will not pass this course if you cannot demonstrate this requirement. If you are a non-native English speaker, we strongly recommend that you provide your TOEFL score as demonstration of this prerequisite. Throughout the course, you will be required to present and discuss technical concepts in English. Successful completion of this course is dependent on your class participation and presentations that will be evaluated for skill and comprehension
See the event calendar for the next scheduled Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying People CMM®.