Enterprise Data Management Expert (EDME)℠ Training
The Data Management Maturity (DMM)℠ model will bridge the perspective gap between business and IT and help your organization to evaluate and improve your data management practices. Enterprise Data Management Experts (EDME) are equipped to lead a data management improvement program for an organization. Become a vital member of your organization's future, become an EDME!
*Registration for this course closes 21 days before the start date
*An application and/or a pre-course assignment is required for this course (see "Prerequisites" tab). Applications must be received 1 month before the start of the course
This five day course begins by preparing the attendee to lead a DMM Assessment for internal or external clients, which will provide significant benefits to an organization, including: shared vision, a common language, a step-by-step path to improvements, shared understanding of progress, and role clarification. Attention is devoted to leadership considerations, such as managing process improvement efforts, developing compelling business cases, and sustaining engagement over time.
This course enables participants to:
- qualify for the Enterprise Data Management Expert certification exam
- have the knowledge and confidence to guide an organization through a DMM Assessment
- design data management programs
- lead process improvement programs
Before registering for the EDME course, students must:
- complete a formal offering of the Building Enterprise Data Management Capabilities or Building Enterprise Data Management Capabilities Elearning course
- complete the Advancing Enterprise Data Management Capabilities course
- meet eligibility criteria based on EDME Qualifications including application and interview
You must be able to read, write, and speak understandable English. You will not pass this course if you cannot demonstrate this requirement. If you are a non-native English speaker, we strongly recommend that you provide your TOEFL score as demonstration of this prerequisite. Throughout the course, you will be required to present technical concepts in English. Successful completion of this course is dependent upon your class participation and presentations that will be evaluated for skill and comprehension.
Completion of any pre-class work that may be assigned is required. Your instructor will send any assignments to you in advance of the course.
Please refer to the EDME Certification page for all the steps in the certification path.