CMMI® Institute Expands CMMI® V2.0 to Include Services and Supplier Management
CMMI V2.0 Improves Business Performance by Building and Benchmarking World-Class Capabilities for Product Development, Services and Supplier Management
Pittsburgh, PA (4 December 2018)
– CMMI Institute today expanded its Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)® V2.0 product suite, adding Services and Supplier Management views to the model’s globally recognized set of best practices, benchmark tools, appraisal and performance measurement guidance. The CMMI V2.0 product suite enables organizations to analyze and appraise internal operations, and helps organizations measure their capabilities against best practices, pinpoint areas of improvement and achieve higher performance.
Designed to optimize business performance and achieve measurable results, CMMI Development V2.0 was first released in March of this year. In addition to product development, CMMI V2.0 now includes views that advance selection and management of suppliers as well as delivery and management of internal and external services. Today’s announcement continues CMMI Institute’s commitment to advance CMMI V2.0 and help organizations understand and improve their capabilities—in people, processes and technologies—across every facet and function of the enterprise.
Keeping with the goal to gain better, faster business results, additional product suite improvements include:
- Significant enhancements to the CMMI V2.0 model viewer user experience
- Improvements and clarifications to the performance-based appraisal method, along with a brand-new appraisal toolkit
- New training courses and materials that teach new and existing users how to assess, improve, and sustain process capability and performance, including an eLearning model upgrade course to complement the instructor-led option
“In today’s business environment, it is essential for all organizations to understand their capabilities, gauge where and how to boost those capabilities aligned to business needs, and focus resources on continuous improvement,” said Kirk Botula, CMMI Institute CEO. “The CMMI V2.0 model and resources provide the critical foundation for that work, helping leaders extract improved performance, leverage best practices and benchmarks, and get the results they seek efficiently and effectively.”
The updates to CMMI V2.0 provide the following benefits in each area of concentration:
- Development: Improve an organization’s capability to develop quality products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and end users.
- Services: Improve an organization’s capability to efficiently and effectively deliver quality service offerings that meet market and customer needs.
- Supplier Management: Reduce enterprise risk and improve supply chain management capability.
Organizations that build and leverage capabilities see decreases in defects, re-work, cost, time-to-market, and risk. They also see increases in quality, productivity, customer satisfaction, performance and new/repeat business.
“With CMMI V2.0 we’ve reduced appraised preparation time by 50 percent across 90 percent of our projects,” said Hong Ou, head of EPG Group Information Technology Department for China Merchant Bank. “As a result, we were able to meet senior management’s request to conduct an appraisal to cover all teams, and it made it much easier for us to adopt Agile. We like V2.0 and it helped to produce a better assessment.”
According to McKinsey & Company data, more than 50 percent of companies do not have standard processes, process assets and jobs aids to measure what matters in their companies, while a third cite difficulties in monitoring plans and making needed adjustments. To address these challenges, the core of the CMMI V2.0 model is organized by the critical capabilities of every organization that, when properly leveraged, improve business performance and resiliency:
- Ensure Quality
- Engineering and Developing Products
- Delivering and Managing Services
- Selecting and Managing Suppliers
- Planning and Managing Work
- Managing Business Resilience
- Managing the Workforce
- Supporting Implementation
- Sustaining Habit & Persistence
- Improving Performance
For more information about CMMI Institute and CMMI V2.0, visit cmmiinstitute.com/cmmi.
About CMMI® Institute
A subsidiary of ISACA Enterprises, CMMI Institute (cmmiinstitute.com) is the global leader in the advancement of best practices in people, process, and technology. CMMI Institute enables organizations to elevate and benchmark performance across a range of critical business capabilities, including product development, service excellence, workforce management, data management, supplier management, and cybersecurity.
For over 25 years, thousands of high-performing organizations in a variety of industries, including aerospace, finance, healthcare, information technology, software, defense, transportation, and telecommunications, have achieved sustainable business success through CMMI adoption and demonstrated their ability as capable business partners and suppliers.
Laurel Nelson-Rowe, +1.847.660.5566, email@example.com
David Okubo, +.126.96.36.19926, David.firstname.lastname@example.org