December 2019 Partner Network Newsletter
As 2019 comes to an end, we are grateful for your ongoing Partnership. We hope that this year has been a successful one for you and that 2020 will bring new opportunities for growth, learning, and joy!
An exciting 2019 is ending with a very busy December! 2019 has been another record year for CMMI adoption around the world, and our integration into ISACA is almost complete as we meet several integration milestones for 1 January 2020. We are eager to explore new opportunities in 2020 to grow awareness and adoption of CMMI in new communities.
Don’t forget to sign up for the January Quarterly Partner webinar for more detailed information! Click this link to register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/1675332867943823883
Here’s to a very happy, healthy, and prosperous 2020!
Senior Director, Customer Success, ISACA Enterprise Solutions
What’s New in December
CMMI Institute / ISACA Enterprise Solutions Integration Update
We have completed several ISACA integration milestones for 1 January 2020. All CMMI Institute Staff now have @isaca.org email addresses, but all @cmmiinstitute.com email addresses remain functional. You may occasionally see an ISACA email address, but you do not need to adjust your address books at this time.
We have completed various integration and reorganization efforts across ISACA, ISACA Enterprise Solutions, and CMMI Institute. We are excited for the opportunities that this new strategic alignment brings and are looking forward to our work in 2020!
New Blog Post: “Stop Fighting the Last Battle, CISOs!”
We’ve recently published a new post on the CMMI Institute blog directed at Chief Information Security Officers. Please read and share the blog post found here
. Here’s some language you can use to share the post:
Dealing with the frustration and stress of the constant pace of change in cybersecurity
may make it tempting to rehearse the known, regardless of its relative lack of value. But constantly chasing the last breach, evaluating the readiness of your cybersecurity program based on how others were breached in the past, is a dangerous game. However, developing a model culture that breeds cyber resilience is a solution. The CMMI Cyber Maturity Platform
can help organizations to build and maintain cyber resiliency – and help you resist the urge to fight the last battle.
Join Us for Our January 2020 Quarterly Partner webinar!
In January we will be going over necessary information for submitting CMMI V2.0 appraisals, giving an overview of what has been updated with the last quarterly release, and covering other operational updates. We will also share some more information about what to expect in 2020 as we move toward the sunset of CMMI V1.3 and into the integration with ISACA.
Register for the January 14th
quarterly Partner webinar here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/1675332867943823883
Special MDDAP Expansion Webinar
In addition to our usual quarterly Partner webinar, we will host a special webinar two weeks later on 28 January that will focus on the expansion of the Medical Device Discovery Appraisal Program. You have received an email about this opportunity earlier in December, and all Partners are welcome to join the webinar to learn more. Please note that the program is mostly focused in the US at this point, but we hope for further expansion as time moves on.
Register for the January 28th
MDDAP webinar here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8149063818136162829
Registration Open! Capability Counts and Partner Workshop 2020
Registration for the Partner Workshop
and Capability Counts Conference
is open! Partner Workshop registration is free for Certified Lead Appraisers, Certified Instructors, and official Business Points of Contact. Also, you can take advantage of the special Partner Registration Rate for Capability Counts and attend all three days!
Visit our website to learn more: https://cmmiinstitute.com/capability-counts/2020/register
Announcements, Policies, Resources, and Reminders
What’s New in Q4?
CMMI Institute / ISACA Enterprise Solutions announces the release of any new or updated licensed materials, policies, or systems following a quarterly cadence. You can expect to receive an email that covers the specifics of the release including updates to CMMI Appraisal System (CAS), Course Management System (CMS), CMMI V2.0 Method Definition Document (MDD) & MDD Toolkit, Policies, and Marketing Resources.
Updated Payment Process
We are working to setup a payment portal where customers can go anytime to make payments for any invoice online. In the meantime, please call 412-282-4020 if you would like to pay with a credit card or use another method of payment such as check or wire transfer.
ISACA Accredited Training Organization (ATO) Program
If you or someone inside your organization holds an ISACA certification
and has instructional experience, you may be qualified to be part of the ISACA Accredited Training Organization (ATO) program. If you’d like to learn more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about that program. You can also learn more about ISACA’s core-4 certifications
, cybersecurity training and certifications
, and COBIT training and certifications
Helpful Tips: Course Management System (CMS) and CMMI Appraisal System (CAS)
We are committed to supporting and continuously improving our new Partner systems and are actively working to do so. Here are a few quick tips for CMS and CAS:
Course Management System (CMS)
CMMI Appraisal System (CAS)
- Students appearing “Ready” status receive access to the course materials 72-hours prior to course start time.
- To complete a course in CMS, select the “Completed” checkbox next to each individual student, if appropriate, then click "Submit Final Roster." This action creates the student training history in our systems and, if applicable, adds an exam attempt for each student.
- Currently, once a course is "Completed" in CMS by clicking the "Submit Final Roster" button, access to the course disappears from the Instructor's Course Management page. We are currently developing the functionality for instructors to see all courses that they’ve previously taught. This feature will be available with a future release.
- At this time, Instructors and the Business Point of Contact (BPOC) of the Partner organization that sponsored the course will receive a monthly message detailing the final attendee list for verification purposes.
- Instructors may share the Student Video Tutorial with their students and view the Instructor tutorial for step-by-step guidance.
- To add a sponsor to an appraisal, please ask the sponsor to register and then email email@example.com to let our support team know when this action is complete. Then, our Customer Success Team can update the sponsor’s account in CAS so that the Lead Appraiser can add the sponsor to the appraisal.
- Trouble adding Appraisal Team Members (ATMs) to your appraisal? Please email Partner support as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the potential ATMs names and email addresses and the approximate date of your upcoming appraisal. Our Customer Success Team will work to process any necessary changes. Note that processing these changes can take several business days.
- Here are links to the Partner Systems Webinar Recording, Online Streaming, and Slides.
Thank you for your cooperation, communication, and patience as we work to improve our Partner systems.