Whether your business is developing high-tech systems, consumer software, or IT hardware, you want to ensure the highest quality product reaches your customer on time. This course will teach learners who are already familiar with the CMMI for Services model how to use the CMMI for Development to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of product development work in your organization.
This one-day course introduces you to the CMMI for Development model, which describes effective practices for developing quality products for customers and end users.
What I will learn in this course?
- How to describe the unique elements of CMMI for Development (CMMI-DEV) compared to CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC).
- Learn to explain how CMMI-DEV can help a development or service organization to improve its development processes.
- Locate information in the CMMI-DEV model.
- To consider when to use CMMI-SVC and when to use CMMI-DEV.
Who should take this course?
- Team Managers
- Any CMMI Practitioner
- Appraisal Team Members
- Process Improvement Team Members
- Anyone in the IT Industry
What do I need for this course?
The course is composed primarily of class exercises, discussion, and presentations. After attending the course, you will be able to describe the CMMI-DEV model, discuss the model's process areas, and locate information in the model.
This course, combined with the Introduction to CMMI for Services, fulfills the prerequisite for any course or role requiring an official introductory CMMI for Development course. It is designed for professionals who have already taken Introduction to CMMI for Services.
To find an offering of the Development Supplement for CMMI for Services, you can search our course listings in the event calendar or search for a training partner near you in the CMMI Institute Partner Directory.
What do I get from this course?
- A certificate of completion.
- Completed a prerequisite requirement for any course or role requiring an official CMMI for Development course.
- Completed a requirement to be an Appraisal Team Member on a CMMI-DEV SCAMPI appraisal.