Whether your business is developing high-tech systems, consumer software, or IT hardware, you want to ensure the highest quality product reaches your customer on time.
This course will teach you how to use the CMMI for Development to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of product development work in your organization.
The CMMI for Development (CMMI-DEV) model helps organizations to improve their ability to develop and maintain quality products and services.
What I will learn in this course?
- Introduces managers and practitioners, appraisal team members, and process improvement teams to CMMI fundamental concepts.
- Provides students guidance on how to help their organizations improve their ability to develop and maintain quality products and services.
- Describe the components of the CMMI-DEV model and their relationships.
- Discuss the process areas of the CMMI-DEV model.
Who should take this course?
- Team Managers
- CMMI Practitioners
- Appraisal Team Members
- Process Improvement Team Members
- IT Professionals
What do I need for this course?
The course is composed of lectures and class exercises with time allotted for participant questions and discussion. The format of this course requires that students actively participate and must be present for all three days of the course.
This course does not require any prerequisites. However we do recommend taking the Fundamentals of CMMI elearning
for foundational knowledge on the CMMI model component and process areas.
This course is offered by CMMI Institute and Certified CMMI Institute Partners at locations and sites around the world. To find an offering of the Introduction to CMMI for Development, you can search our course listings in the event calendar
or search for a training partner near you in the CMMI Institute Partner Directory
What do I get from this course?