We collect information from visitors when they interact with the Platform. This includes, for example, the following:
Information We Collect Automatically
When a visitor uses, or interacts with our Platform the visitor’s browser automatically provides, and we automatically collect and store, certain information about the visitor’s device (computer, tablet, smart phone,) and the visitor’s activities. This includes, for example:
- Preferences and settings: time zone, language, and character size;
- Identifiers: IP address; mobile device advertising identifier, Media Access Control (MAC) address;
- Technical information: type of device, operating system name and version, device manufacturer, browser information (type, version), screen resolution;
- Connection: Internet service provider or mobile carrier’s name, connection speed and connection type;
- Information about use of the Platform: date stamp, URL of the last webpage visited before visiting our Platform, and URL of the first page visited after leaving our Platform, pages viewed, time spent on a page, click through, clickstream data, queries made, search results selected, comments made, search history, type of service requested, purchases made;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies; and
- General geographic location.
Communications and Interaction
When a visitor registers to have access to the Platform (thereby becoming a “registered user”), when we send a communication to a visitor, or when the visitor accesses, responds to, or declines to open a communication from us, completes a form to communicate with us, or contacts us, we collect and store certain information about the visitor, the visitor’s device (computer, tablet, smart phone,) and the visitor’s activities, such as:
- The visitor’s name, login ID or pseudonym and contact information (if provided);
- If the visitor logs in using social media authentication, we will collect the information provided by the applicable social media services, for example, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, as applicable.
- Information that the visitor provides or comments that the visitor makes;
- The nature of the communication;
- The purpose of the interaction, and the action we took in response to the visitor’s inquiry or request;
- Whether the visitor opened our communication or ignored it; Any action the visitor takes upon receipt of such communication.
Conference Registrations, Certifications, Content Downloads and Training Courses
When a visitor registers for a course, conference, or certification or download content, we collect information about the visitor through our sign-up form. When a visitor provides his/her information during a transaction, we keep track of that information, and may contact the visitor about next steps in the visitor‘s interaction with CMMI. In this case, we may collect: first and last name, title, street address, email address, telephone number, job title, Facebook ID, Twitter handle, LinkedIn ID, and company name, address, and phone number. In some cases, we may collect additional information, for example: password, security questions and answers, date of birth, birthplace, gender, residence status, college/higher education transcripts, passport or national id number.
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
We may obtain information from third parties, such as third parties with whom we do business, such as strategic business partners, service providers, public databases, or social media services to which CMMI Institute might be linked.