This course will give you practical skills to provide guidance to your organization’s improvement efforts across business disciplines and CMMI models.
What I will learn in this course?
- Explore how the CMMI for Development, CMMI for Services, and CMMI for Acquisition models are used to solve real-world problems.
- Understand relationships among model components, including both staged and continuous model representations.
- How to interpret and apply CMMI effectively in order to improve processes and performance in their own organizations.
Who should take this course?
This course is catered to any individual ready to apply foundation knowledge of the CMMI to solve real-world problems and interested in elevating organizational performance.
This course is required for anyone interested in becoming an Instructor, Lead Appraiser, or Professional.
What do I need for this course?
- Complete a formal offering of the current Introduction to CMMI Development or Introduction to CMMI for Services or the Fundamentals of CMMI elearning course.
- If the Introduction to CMMI course that you attended was based on CMMI Version 1.1 or 1.2, you must successfully complete the Fundamentals of CMMI elearning course
- Obtain experience with using CMMI models (e.g., serving on an Engineering Process Group, mapping CMMI to the organization's processes, serving as a member of an appraisal team, etc.).
- Be able to read, write, and speak understandable English. If you are a non-native English speaker, we strongly recommend that you provide your TOEFL score as demonstration of this prerequisite.
Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMI includes some pre-class assignments.
The instructor will send all the information and materials needed for the assignments in advance of the course.
What do I get from this course?