Driving Excellence in Quality Engineering
Prasad Gundu, Cigniti Technologies Limited
How did CMMI adoption contribute to your performance improvement success?
CMMI Services High Maturity practices were used extensively for building a Quality Engineering Platform and Dashboard with Predict Capabilities (BlueSwan™ - Verita). Adopting CMMI maturity ensured repeatability and predictability in Cigniti’s business objective of enhancing client satisfaction and improving profit margins. Processes meeting the intent of CMMI model practices provided transparency to Executive Management so they could make more informed business decisions and proactively manage enterprise risks and associated business outcomes. Improved governance also helped practitioners manage complex projects with ease.
Key performance improvements at Cigniti included client satisfaction and profit margins.
- Client Satisfaction Index (CSI) improved periodically to reach the best ever score of 3.9 on a scale of 1 (lowest) to 4 (highest).
- Profit margins recorded a positive impact of 10% improvement over the last 4-6 quarters.
Improvements were also seen in testing skill index, effort utilization, test design effectiveness, and review efficiency. Some additional improvements around the business proposals, competitive edge, and better alignment to market requirements were also visible. Cigniti became the World’s first Independent Quality Engineering Services Company to be appraised at CMMI-SVC V1.3, ML5. Through this process, Cigniti received the following benefits and recognitions:
- CSI improved to the highest ever 3.9/4.0 and EBITDA for Q4FY18 was 11.9% with subsequent Q-o-Q improvements.
- Positioned as a ‘Star Performer’ and ‘Major Contender’ in the Everest Group PEAK Matrix.
- Positioned in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Application Testing Services, Worldwide.
- Recognized as a Leader by Nelson Hall in NEAT charts for Software Testing, for 3 years in a row as a Leader in the Digital & Consulting market segments.
- Provided an edge over Traditional Testing Services (TTS) with the market’s move towards Specialized Testing Services (STS).
Mr. Prasad Gundu is an AVP, head of Process Management Group (PMG), Advisory and Transformation Services (ATS) at Cigniti Technologies. He is an industry recognized Process Expert and Evangelist. With more than 18 years of experience, he has expertise across industry standards, including ISO 9001, ISO 27001, CMMI, GDPR, TMMI, TPI, SOC, Agile, DevOps. Under his leadership, Cigniti has attained CMM-SVC Maturity Level 5 And extensively applied CMMI concepts to the financial framework of the organization. Gundu also has extensive experience in building Cigniti’s TCoE model. His efforts have also helped Cigniti to attain the worlds most respected independent testing services company.