Transition your knowledge from CMMI V1.3 to CMMI V2.0 to build competitive advantage and meet the challenges of the changing global business landscape.
What Will I learn in this course?
This training will guide you through key components of the CMMI V2.0 model structure and key differences between CMMI V1.3 and CMMI V2.0.
Who should take this course?
Note: If you are a certified Instructor or Lead Appraiser, this course does not fulfill the requirement for upgrading your certification to CMMI V2.0. Please refer to CMMI Upgrade Training for Lead Appraisers and Instructors.
- Practitioners who have completed a CMMI V1.3 Building-level course and want to upgrade to CMMI V2.0.
- Appraisal Team Members who participated on a CMMI V1.3 appraisal, and who need to fulfill the V2.0 training requirements required for serving on a CMMI V2.0 appraisal.
What do I get from this course?
- CMMI V2.0 Model PDF licensed to the student
- A certificate of completion
- One credit to take the CMMI Associate Exam
- Completed prerequisite to take the CMMI Associate Exam and become a current Certified CMMI Associate
- Completed prerequisite for upgrading to CMMI V2.0 and for serving as a CMMI V2.0 Appraisal Team Member
- Completed prerequisite for taking additional CMMI V2.0 training courses and pursuing CMMI V2.0-relevant certification pathways
What do I need for this course?
- To take this course, a student must have previously completed a CMMI V1.3 introductory training course (e.g., Introduction to CMMI for Development, Introduction to CMMI for Services), or have taken a previous version of CMMI introductory course along with the appropriate training upgrade.
- This course is offered in both an in-person format via CMMI Institute-certified Instructors, as well as in an online, elearning format. To find an offering of the CMMI V2.0 Upgrade Training, you can search our Upcoming Courses or search for a training partner near you in the Partner Directory.
What are the course prerequisites?
The CMMI V2.0 Upgrade Training course is designed for students who have taken CMMI training for prior versions of the model to upgrade their knowledge to the current CMMI, V2.0. By registering for this course you verify that you have completed a licensed offering of the following prerequisite course(s):
1. Introduction to CMMI V1.3 (for Development or Services); OR
2. Introduction to CMMI V1.2 (for Development or Services) and CMMI V1.3 Upgrade Training; OR
3. Introduction to CMMI V1.1, CMMI V1.2 Upgrade Training and CMMI V1.3 Upgrade Training.
Please note that if you complete the CMMI V2.0 Upgrade Training course without the prerequisite courses you will NOT be eligible to participate as a CMMI appraisal team member (ATM) for CMMI V2.0 appraisals.
If you have not completed any of the CMMI training listed above you may wish to pursue Foundations of CMMI to meet any requirements calling for CMMI V2.0 training. If you have any questions about whether you attended a licensed offering or which CMMI course you previously attended please contact firstname.lastname@example.org